Hi! Welcome to my website. My name is Ann Edwards ("A. E.") Cannon, and I write books for young readers. I used to write a column for the Deseret News, but now I write for the Salt Lake Tribune. You can read my column here. I also lead discussions sponsored by the Utah Humanities Councilís Public Square program and would love to speak to your group.
Occasionally I am fortunate enough to teach creative writing and work as a bookseller at the muy famosa King's English Bookshop in Salt Lake City. My husband, Ken, and I have five (count 'em) sons, two daughters-in-law, a charming baby granddaughter, three parakeets, one parrot, two cats, and a Newfoundland dog that weighs 180pounds. Living with a Newfoundland that size is like living with a donkey in your house. A small donkey. But still.
Charlotte's Rose reprint
Ann is pleased to announce that the University of Utah Press has reprinted her award-winning handcart pioneer novel, CHARLOTTE'S ROSE. Join Ann this Saturday November 5 at The King's English (15th South and 15th East in Salt Lake City)(map) for a party celebrating the re-release of CHARLOTTE'S ROSE. The event starts at 2:00.
University of Utah Press
University of Utah Press
Here is an updated list of Stuff I Love in No Particular Order --
- My new granddaughter
- Castle on Monday night, The Good Wife on Tuesday night and Modern Family on Wednesday night. In fact, I love Modern Family so much I want to marry it.
- Sunny days
- Dr. Pepper (regular, NOT diet) in a cold can
- Messy English gardens loaded with roses
- My kids
- My husband
- My sons' wives
- Brazilian flip-flops
- The desert
- The ocean
- Mexican food, especially chips and salsa from the Rio Grande Café
- Fries and fry sauce (a local specialty - one of the best things about living in Utah!)
- Baseball (I like the Chicago Cubs and also the Yankees - don't hate me)
- Football (Go, Eagles!)
- Jewelry (especially bracelets)
- Cats, too-just not as much as dogs
- Murder mysteries
- All holidays, including Arbor Day
Here's the updated list of My Current Pet Peeves --
- Unnecessary meetings
- Boring meetings
- Long meetings
- Junk mail
- Distracted drivers
- Overly aggressive drivers (Dude! Slow down! You're only saving yourself five minutes!)
- Mediocre meals at expensive chain restaurants
And, finally, I'd like to mention a few Guilty Pleasures --
- Anything by AC/DC
- Star Magazine
- Cheetoes and Oreos
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll visit often!